Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dear Vittorio - stories for my old friend

Dear Vittorio,

I decided to make a blog for you, where you can listen to stories and essays I write, record and post here. As you recall, I was doing this for a long time for my grandparents, and I will continue it for you.  I am making you the hapless victim of my need to organize thoughts, so I can discipline my perception of the world to be wide awake and open to everything. So you see, this is also a selfish pursuit.

I'll post a new piece once a week, on Saturday my time, so you'll see them on your Sunday mornings.

Caroline can click on the place in the blog where each story has a link titled PLAY AUDIO, then she will need to click STOP when it ends, or it will play over again. I haven't figured out how to fix that. Hopefully, you will be listening with headphones, so you can simply remove them if Caroline is not available to stop the playback on the computer.

I wish you well, my good friend, and I hope to see you again soon.
Story Ideas:
Introduction - Life in uncertain times;
Drawing Circles - gardening, baking, brewing, relationships in a "gift economy";
The Heritage Fruit Tree Project, winter blossoms, "apple nectar";
Homebrewers Impasse - Nephew James and a spectacular brewing accident.
NOAH - A young man with a sense of his generation's future.
Tenth Mountain Huts, Adventure with Daughters & Friends

Old Farts Club, winter backcountry adventure with old pals.
Roaring Fork HAMS Homebrewers Club;
Raisin' Ladies - Haley, March and the Umbrella Table.

No comments:

Post a Comment